Monday, May 23, 2011

Our Graduate!




Lucy singing with Kate, Wehman and Mae.




Memory Verse!




With Miss Kathy and Miss Kathleen.



Lucy graduated from T-K last week. Her school, Providence Christian, did an adorable ceremony. The director and lead teacher gave them a diploma and then all of the children recited a memory verse and sang three praise songs. Lucy's scripture was:


"Jesus said, whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12.



I can't help but beam when she says these words. I told her the other day while choking back tears, that hearing her recite God's words from her heart is better than more than a million soccer goals, perfect ballet steps, or beautiful drawings. And I mean it- I hope that in my journey as a mom I equip Lucy with the power of scripture even moreso than any other skill she develops.


We are so proud of you Goose- for your obedience, kindness and patience with your friends at school and all of your hard work getting ready to be a big kindergartner!! You are a delight.

1 comment:

Lindsay Boner said...

so i totally just cried at my desk!!!!!!!!! great post cece!! xxoo