Lucy has been really into playing pretend. Most often it is a princess that she fancies herself, though at times she is up for some beauty shop. Which, to be quite honest, I love. I mean, who doesn't like to get their hair brushed?? Typically after bath we do some "Beauty Shop" before books. Funny thing is, she really likes to have Dad be the stylee...but for this video, I got to fall prey to her brushing prowess. Funny thing is- she is so animated doing it that you can't help but giggle.
And the best part- well, Sam's mom, Granny was a real sweetie. She passed away last year and we miss her. So, I just think it is God's gentle way of reminding us that our family shapes us. Granny was a spitfire woman who grabbed life by the reins when given really no other choice and provided a warm loving home to three kids- all by owning a beauty shop. So- this video also serves as a spring tribute to Granny. I hope Lucy has the same tenacity, grace and patience that were some of the traits that made Hazel to be the lady she was- and certainly reasons I am thankful I knew her for 8 years. And so I rather like to play "Beauty Shop" because I always think of Granny.
Just when I think things can't get better they do- sweet girl that I remember holding in my arms for the first time turns THREE on Monday. Ugh- I can hardly believe it. As a parent, I don't think it gets better but then every month it does!! You get daily doses of their raw honesty and sweet discoveries (worms, flower smells, the thrill of swinging REALLY high)...and those are just a few of the ways we glimpse the absolute miracles in our children. Amen to that.
1 comment:
Carrie - so much to say, but I'll start with a ditto! I love your blog and pretend like I know you & Lucy, and I would LOVE a henry, lucy, elias, glory playdate sometime when we're in Charlotte!
Thank you so much for your encouragement - I love getting to know other sweet mamas through the internet and I am just so glad someone as wonderful as Linds has someone as wonderful as you for a sister in law!
Lindsay - miss you and am loving pics of that sweet Henry.
Post a Comment