Monday, July 7, 2008

"Independence" Day











It was a celebration of Independence- for sure. Certainly mindful of those that fought for our freedom, it is one of my favorite holidays. I am so thankful that I had a chance to be a part of a family that put an emphasis on what it is to be free and the price that some have had to pay for us to live in a country to speak freely, make choices for ourselves and enjoy this great land we live in. I was a basket case watching Extreme Home Makeover last night as they rebuilt a Marines house who lost his leg in Iraq. How very lucky we are to have these soldiers protecting us.




And fun to watch a 7 month old and 2 year old celebrate their freedom as well. Lala, BB, Stephen and I loaded up the kids for some time in the pool and a little party and had a great time. Hen loves his raft- special octopus on top almost sent BB and I to the emergency room for extra oxygen. Who designs the blow up toys? Seriously, the valve had to be squeezed and was so tiny it was ridiculous.




Lucy and Dad went down the water slide- one bruised tail bone on Dad but Goose thought it was FUN. Note to parents- look for where the blow up stuff is- if it is on cement you will likely feel the cement upon landing. These kiddos sure now how to keep us busy. We had mini photo session in 4th of july party clothes- by which Lucy almost squeezed the life out of Henry. She just loves him "so much". LaLa and I came home to put the kids down and the boys went back to par-tay.




Lala and I had one of those parent moments- what used to be fun, fun, fun fireworks almost sent me into a tailspin. In the moment all I could think was "If you want fireworks take your fanny downtown." Setting them off in your backyard (which may wake up a sleeping baby) brings out the loco side of me and I am not sure which is worse- dealing with the Po...lice or dealing with a mom looking forward to a baby asleep, a glass of wine and catching up on DVR (sounds pretty good, doesn't it?).




This must be what happens when you are dying for a night on the sofa in the quiet of your house and you realize that some outside fun may disrupt. Thankfully- Goose and Hen got through it and all was calm by morning.

1 comment:

Pop-pop said...

Hey, great pictures and update. Hen is looking so "mature" these days. Loved his gigling session last week. Even if you don't get responses to the blog these are great and I'm sure everyone who reads them appreciates keeping up. Makes us want to be closer. Pop-pop