Friday, November 4, 2011

Candy!!!!


buzz light year and bama cheerleader 2011

It was a perfect fall day for Halloween this year. No rain, lots of leaves & cold enough to bundle up in jackets for the trick or treating.  Henry really "got it" this year....meaning he was excited to go trick or treating & wore his costume around the house most days leading up to the 31st. 
We hit a HUGE milestone this year! He FINALLY ATE CANDY!!!! Coming from me- the girl who has to have at least some form of a few pieces of candy every day (yes i have an addiction)- it has been wild that he would never eat it till now. I wish I had Halloween night on tape! Just picture this: Brett and I with Henry in our living room for 5 minutes arguing with him that he HAD to take a bite of a snickers peanut butter. I mean arguing. To the point of us yelling at him "Put it in your mouth NOW!".  He finally did it with a tiny little bite that barely took any chocolate off, so we made him take another real bite....then we got a pretty big smile on his face! He admitted he liked it. Brett opens a small bag of M&M's & we again force him to try those. That was a big hit! Then we open up a laffy taffy & he has a bite of that! Henry then asks if he can have the whole bag of M&M's & you can see below that he doesn't even take his eye off the bag. One after another straight into the mouth.  I think he has even had a small bag of them every night this week for his treat after dinner. We might have created a monster!!! But, hey, at least I have some material for bribes if I need it!


franniepants was a ballerina but mom didn't feel like dressing her all over again! it's such a task these days!




complete concentration.....i love it
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is too funny! Reminds me of the story with Jeff and the Frosty at the beach. No, no, no! He did not want one! Then when everyone got chocolate milkshakes, well the lip began to quiver.... Glad that you have converted Henry to candy and to chocolate at an early age! And I still remember the hauls that you and Mark would get on Malvern Road. Candy that would last into January....or did you eat yours before Thanksgiving! LOL! xoxo Anne