Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Serious Discussions






Lately we have had many a serious discussion with Lucy- and she likes to have them right back with us as the listeners. I am listing a few below because soon I will have mush for a brain with a newborn and need to capture some of the HILARIOUS things that come out of this sweet girl's mouth....






See above/below pic- we recently had good friends in town, Lanier and Lynda. A mother/daughter duo that is beyond FUN. Lucy and I lunched with them- Lanier has a cute Yorkie that can travel in a purse and she brought Mae along for lunch and a trip to Southpark Mall. Lucy is obsessed...above holding Mayes- after lunch...below pic is of Lucy trying on shoes in the local Neiman Marcus shoe salon. I highly doubt that the lady working there, Gail, found it as amusing as we did. Lanier schooled Lucy in what shoes to look for, what looks good, and that all shoes with a red sole (choke, gasp- Christian Louboutin) are definitely AWESOME. Thanks Lanier- the girl already had expensive taste!!

The shoe modeling was adorable though- and girly and innocent fun. And then we all had the conversation sitting down (cause my dogs were barkin'!!) about what to call Lanier- LA? LaLa (already have Aunt Lala Lucy was quick to remind), Laney? And Lucy looks at her and says, "Mama". ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

It was so cute though and honestly, I wasn't offended. Lanier is off the charts fun, as gorgeous inside as she is out and is completely treating Lucy like she wouldn't rather be anywhere else! I may want to start calling her Mom too!

















as you can see from above- she has been a shoe aficianado for a couple of years- I think this was when she was two. Kind of looks like a "fight the power"stance and if I could have guessed what she was thinking then it would have been something like, "Mom- I will wear the Christmas dress- however, I will also go with my red cowboy boots to make my statement. Cause girl, this getup needs personality."


Other funnies:


  • At breakfast one morning she asked if our baby was going to speak Spanish. She also asked if it would be brown. I love this- she is so inquisitive and went to a school with fabulous diversity- so naturally she wants to know if possibly she will have a brother that looks like her pal Phillip, or a sister that speaks espanol like Brittsey!

  • She and I were having a popsicle at the pool the other day and she asked if she could marry a girl. Interesting. I gave her my opinion on God's design for marriage. Good enough and she moved on. Lucy looked at me and asked with a lot of licks of the popsicle in between, totally nonchalant like girlfriends chatting and said, "Mom, where did you meet dad, like Chic-IL-A? College?" It was tough not to laugh. In between giggles, I told her about Mayson Petty, my friend from Alabama and Stephen's friend from golf being a bit of a matchmaker.

  • On the way home the other day she told me there was no way she would ever have a blackberry- she only wants an iPhone. I told her to start saving and offering to do chores. And to keep it up for at least ten more years. She almost cried when I suggested she may have to wait on an iPhone until she is 15. I have NO sympathy.

She is such a gift. I love this age of curiousness and intrigue. I am sure there will be an unbelieveable assortment of questions coming our way with the arrival and settling in as a new family of four soon!!





















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Out of the mouths of babes! Fun times! The best is yet to come..... xoxo Anne