Friday, September 4, 2009

SamDaddy

Lucy and BB checking out the cars below.
The whole family!

This past Tuesday the whole family (well, Jeff was in Seattle but there in spirit) suprised Sam by attending his suprise 40 year celebration at Parker Poe. It was fabulous and the firm did such a great job pulling it all together to honor Sam's dedication to the firm for FORTY years!




It was such a gift for me- and I love when that happens. You go thinking you are going to be there to make someone's day special and the blessings are showered on you as well. I had not been to Sam's office and it was so fun to ride with Hen and Goose in the big elevator and look out the windows (from the 31st floor)!




To me I was honored to stand up there and be part of Sam's family. It was a common theme by the partners who made remarks (Hank Hankins, Bill Farthing and Bill Porter) that Sam is passionate about his work and his family...and maybe some golf. They honored him with their words and it was incredible to realize that I am related to a man that has not only made a mark on Charlotte in his professional endeavors but is leaving a legacy to the generations ahead that family is important. His loyalty, ethics, persistance and passion for the law are held in high regard and I was and am so proud of him.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Did Lindsey or Carrie write this? The mom of the twins I nanny works at Parker Poe. We have to reconvene and figure out if you know them...

Unknown said...

What a nice family portrait! And a special time for all of you. Love, Anne