Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sweet Henry

So I had to share this for today....

One of the most special gifts I have been given in the past three years is the pregnancy and birth of Lucy. My second most special is the journey through pregnancy with Linds and the joyous birth of Henry. I love that I share a special bond with Lindsay- a secret language, understanding and journey that Lindsay and I as mothers now know together. What a joy it was when Henry was born in November of 2007. In Bible Study this morning, the teacher referenced a passage in Phillippians. I turned to the scripture and there the verse was underlined and beside it written Henry, 11/29/07.
For those of you that may not be aware, Henry had some swelling on his head from some minor trauma during his birth and the doctors were concerned. This was the day he was to leave the hospital and go home. It is so exciting to take your baby home to the nest you have prepared and let me just tell you....Henry's nursery is a place of warmth and yummy decor. So, it was a frightening news and I got the privilege of going to the hospital to pray with some fragile and concerned parents- Lindsay and Brett.

Today- Henry is the sweetest boy. He is perfect. Ten toes, ten finger, sweet blond hair, a smile that lights up the room and a gift from Jesus that is just the cutest thing you have ever seen. I love being his aunt. I love that I live one block away and see him almost every day whether at home or at he and Goose's school. One of the biggest lessons for me today as I listened to the speaker was that being IN God's will is taking care of all that He has given you. So, I commit to logging into the blog and sharing things like my discovery of the verse that we prayed for him that day with you, so one day when these kids are old enough they will know just how much joy they brought us. From the day they were born until forever....

This is the verse that I read as I waited to go see Linds and Brett and wait for the news from the MRI. God's plan is perfect and His word to us is true.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say in again: Rejoice. Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to the Lord. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4: 4-7

Hallelujah Henry!!

1 comment:

amy p said...

that was so sweet. thanks for sharing that with us!!